Monday, January 12, 2009

Welcome to English 301: Introduction to World Literature

Students. What's up? I've set up this blog for our class. I will use it to post any related material to this course such as critical essays, poems, photos, extra credit, and especially your writing assignments. Yes, everyone will have at least one of their homework responses posted to this blog. You may also leave comments but please note that those comments are moderated.

I'm always excited about teaching this class. I've taught it four times before, the first being in spring module II 2005. The readings are tough and are probably not like anything you've read before, but trust me--they are good reads! These stories have been carefully selected over the years according to their popularity with my former students. Another exciting part of this course are the films. You will be watching and discussing the adaptations of many of our stories. These films, too, will be unlike anything you've watched before and are classics in world cinema in of themselves.

This is a paperless course which means I want to use the minimal amount of paper. First things first, please activate your student e-mail account as that will be the only e-mail I will correspond with. You can activate your account on the first floor.

This is all experimental, but let's just roll with it. I hope you enjoy the class.

Prof. Espinoza

No comments:

Post a Comment